Brittany woke up this morning at 5:00 with pain in her lower back and general discomfort. The doctors have confirmed that she is having contractions. The contractions are approximately 2-3 minutes apart. Right now the doctors are monitoring the situation and giving Brittany fluids via an IV. The fluids could stop the contractions. If the contractions intensify and stay at regular intervals, the doctors will check to see if Brittany is dilated. The doctors do not want to have to do this as it is a great way to introduce infection. Some good news, the doctors did a sonogram this morning and Gaines' head is down.
Brittany is still in the same room...she will be moved to a delivery room if things progress. If the contractions stop, this "episode" is not an indication she would be giving birth any time soon. If the contractions stop we basically go back to just waiting again. She and I both are surprisingly calm and in good spirits. We know that God is in control of everything.
Please pray that the contractions stop or for Gaines to be delivered healthy.