Just wanted to let you all know that they did not do Gaines' heart echo today. The cardiologist wanted a specific tech to do it and she's not working until tomorrow...so I guess we'll wait. After looking at the EKG and x-ray that was done this morning, the NICU doctors don't see anything to lead them to believe that there is a heart issue but they will still need to do the echo to rule it out. Gaines' labs don't seem to point to any sort of infection either. Right now the doctors think that it is probably just his lungs. The x-ray showed several damaged areas. He was given the lasiks this afternoon and has started to lose some of the fluid but his oxygen is still hanging out around 50%.
Please continue to pray for Gaines' little body. Please pray that the lasiks keep working and he is able to reduce his oxygen requirement. Having his oxygen go in the wrong direction is a very scary thing for me. I hope this is not as major as his first hurdles, but today felt like one of the early days to me. Knowing that something is not right but not knowing what it is or how to fix it.
Love to all,