Saturday, August 22, 2009

Still Doing Well

Hello all! I hope your weekend is going as well as ours. We've had a busy but good couple of days. Gaines is continuing to do well with his bottles. Today they decided that he could start having bottles 3 times a day. They limit the number a day he can try so as not to tire him out. Since Thursday (when he first took a whole bottle), I think he's really only not done well with one. To me taking 50 or more ccs is great. He only gets 63 ccs per feeding.

Everything else seems to pretty much be moving in the right direction. His oxygen got bumped up to 55% and he gained too much weight the last two nights but that seems to be due to the lasix that they cut out. Right now he is only getting lasix on an as needed basis and not necessarily everyday. He had to get a dose today but maybe that will help him get used to not having them all the time.

I think that's about it for now. Please continue to pray for Gaines. He is doing great but he still needs your prayers. We are dying to get him home and to FINALLY get our family together.

Oh, I took some really cute pictures of Gaines tonight so be sure to check back tomorrow. I might be able to get my technical assistant to post them.

1 comment:

Stephanie T said...

I'm so glad to hear Gaines is continuing to move in the right direction! Hang in there.. I know you'll all be HOME together before too much longer. Look how far all of you have come! :)