Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feeding Tube

I went to visit Gaines this afternoon and found out that he took all of his bottles last night and this morning. As I began to give him his bottle at 2:00, I realized he didn't have his feeding tube in his nose. I figured he must have pulled it out. I was wrong. He has been so successful at bottle feedings that the nurses took it out. Way to go Gaines!

Gaines got another dose of Lasix today because he gained 4 ounces last night (he now weighs 9 pounds 4 ounces). His oxygen has crept up to 68% but he is at 2 Liters of flow. Hopefully Gaines will get used to the 2 Liters of flow over the next couple of days. He has made so much progress in the past three weeks, please pray that he keeps moving forward and gets to come home soon. Also, Brittany and I are meeting with a potential nanny for Gaines on Saturday. Please pray that God's gives us the wisdom and patience as we search for the right person.

11 comments:

Mab said...

Hi Brittany and Beau,
I've been reading all your posts but just haven't commented in a while. Things sound so good lately! I'm so happy for you all.
Continuing to keep you all in my prayers.
Arlene in Louisiana

maddie/cadesmimi said...

That's great news about the feeding tube! I sure wish I lived in Ala. I'd apply for the nanny job in a heartbeat! Gaines is such a special guy--no ordinary nanny will do! Hope you find that extraordinary person that you need to take care of him. Best wishes, Kathy

kim_brough said...

Can't wait to see a picture of Gaines without the tube in his nose!!

Unknown said...

Horray for no more feeding tube! It must feel so great for him to swallow without the tube in the back of his throat.

Karen said...

WOW - your little guy is really showing out with all his recent progress! I'm betting he'll be home with you before you know it. We'll just keep praying for continued progress and for wisdom in choosing the nanny.

Praying in Oneonta

Thomas and Jamie said...

HUGE HUGE Strides! No time at all now! Still praying, but SO excited!!!

Amanda said...

Way to go Gaines!!! Good luck with finding a nanny. How exciting to be preparing for his homecoming!

Lori said...

Best of luck finding the nanny you need that will be perfect for Gaines.

Amy said...

Yay! So glad the tube is gone... can't wait to see pics of Gaines with one less item of "jewelry" as our nurses once said. :)

Thank you, Lord for progress and good news!

Sarah said...

Yay for Gaines! That's fantastic news. :)

Penni said...

You go, Gaines!