Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reed's Big Jump Today, Gaines' Big Jump Tomorrow

We took Reed to the pool today and he kept pointing towards the deep end and saying "jump". I thought he was pointing and talking about the kids jumping off the diving board. I took him to the deep end so he could watch. Once we were in the deep end, he pointed to the diving board and said "jump". I thought "surely my 22 month old son doesn't want to jump off the diving board". I asked the life guard if he would help. I got in the pool below the diving board just in case and the lifeguard walked Reed to the end of board. There was no hesitation. He jumped. After the first jump he probably jumped 20 more times.

Gaines' big jump takes place tomorrow. The doctors are going to try and wean his flow from 4 liters to 3 liters. They will increase his oxygen from 40% to compensate for the lower flow. The doctor reminded us today that he may not tolerate 3 liters. Please pray with us that Gaines surprises us all and keeps heading in the right direction.

Below are two videos. The first video is of Gaines. It was taken yesterday (Saturday). The second video is of Reed's big jump off the diving board.

7 comments:

Stephanie T said...

How precious! I can't believe how big Gaines is getting and what a dare devil Reed is :)

Stephanie

Kelli said...

WOW Reed is a pro! I can assure you that I was OLD before I touched a diving board, and I still hold my nose to go under to this day. LOL

Gaines is such a sweetie pie! Hoping he gets better every day!

Sarah said...

So cute! You have got two gorgeous little guys.

The Williamson's said...

Definitely praying with you guys for sweet Gaines today. That everyting goes well and he tolerates the new lower flow.

Allison

April said...

It's so fun to see Gaines in action! He is so cute!

Reed reminds me so much of my dare devil little boy!

motorgirl313 said...

We are praying for you in the Motor City! I've been following your blog for some time. I am 24 weeks pg and can now fully appreciate what it must have been like for you at the beginning of this journey. Gaines is making such great progress. I just know he will continue to wow and impress with his perseverance. What a little fighter! So great to see him so alert and active, so sweet.

And this video is awesome footage for when Reed wins his first Olympic diving medal :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and your whole family home very soon.

-Jen from Detroit

Unknown said...

Beau and Brittany,

What great videos of the boys! Gaines looks wonderful! Allof us at Anchor continue to think about your family and are keeping in our prayers.

Jennifer Robinson