All in all, this has been a pretty good weekend. Gaines' oxygen requirement is down to 48%. The doctor was tempted to wean his flow today but decided to wait until tomorrow for two reasons. The first reason was because he (our doctor) rotates to another hospital tomorrow and wanted to let the incoming doctor make the decision. The second reason was to give Gaines time to rest and become comfortable with only 48% oxygen.
As I mentioned, the doctor that has been taking care of Gaines for the past two weeks will rotate tomorrow to another hospital. Brittany and I are both apprehensive about the change in doctors. We really like the doctor he has had for the past two weeks. We are concerned that the new doctor will want to come in and change everything around. All of the doctors are in the same practice, but they all have different methods and different ideas. We are just going to have to speak up and make sure that the new doctor continues with the current method of treatment. Gaines has made progress in the past couple of days and we would like to see if he can make a little more.
By the way, the new "schedule" we are keeping is exhausting at times. I think it got the best of Brittany, Reed, and Jack (our dog) today. Below is picture of all three of them snuggled together on the couch.