Monday, July 13, 2009

Long But Good Day

Tonight's post is a quick one. Beau and I both had great days at work today but I feel like I've been running non-stop. I'm back in the swing of things at work which is really nice. I love my job and being busy makes the day go by faster. It was also really nice to see so many people that have been praying for our family.

Beau went to visit Gaines today at 2:00 in the afternoon. Right after work I picked up Reed, quickly dropped him off with Beau and headed to the hospital. I spent almost an hour and a half with Gaines but it didn't seem like much at all. We have to be out between 6:30 and 7:30 so I leave at 6:30 and come home for dinner and to spend some time with Reed before bed. I hadn't factored in when we planned this all out that I would lose time with Reed. I feel a little pulled between my two boys but I imagine this is the first of many times that will happen.

I also feel a little guilty for not going back for a later night visit. The nurses just don't like us to mess with him between feedings (he needs to rest) and his next feeding isn't until 10. Beau had a good idea that maybe Wednesday or Thursday of the week we can go up for a late feeding. That way we don't wear ourselves out at the beginning of the week but we could get in a Gaines-fix to get us by until the weekend. We'll get it all worked out.

Anyway, today they are trying to wean Gaines' flow so they bumped him down to 1.5 liters while I was there. He seemed to be doing pretty well on it. I'm anxious to see if he's still doing well with it when we call back tonight. They are trying to wean his flow since he hasn't really come off of his oxygen much. I think they feel like he may have to go home on oxygen and they are trying to get him to a manageable level. Not exactly what I wanted to hear but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

That's it for now. Its not much but its all I've got energy for at the moment.

Love to all,

Brittany

4 comments:

the story of us said...

still praying in michigan and checking in on you daily :) thanks for keeping up with the blog! :)

Beth said...

So glad you and Beau had good first days back at work! I agree-don't wear yourselves out at first. Still praying in Madison, AL.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good day at work

Still praying and yes thank you so much for keeping us all posted praying for your family in Canada

Tiffany Dawn said...

I think its encouraging to think about the fact that even though he might have to go home w Oxygen... they are wanting him to be HOME!! With you guys!! Then you could see both him AND Reed all the time and get into a semi-normal routine that didn't involve hospitals.

Thats gotta be good news- right!?

Still praying,
Tiffany in Dallas TX