Friday, May 14, 2010

Gaines Update

Thanks so much for all of the prayers today. They've really paid off. Gaines is doing great. He's going to spend another night in the hospital tonight but I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll get to go home tomorrow. The little joker doesn't even act like he feels bad...

We took him to the doctor yesterday because his sats had been a little low, not because he seemed overly sick. Its crazy, I've taken him to the doctor before and been sure they were going to put him in the hospital. I would have never guessed that he had pneumonia. I think because we can watch his sat levels, we caught it early. A person not on a monitor would have probably waited until they started feeling bad before they went to the doctor but we were able to see on the monitor that Gaines' body wasn't doing what it should have been, before he started feeling really bad.

He's been on IV antibiotics and steroids along with lots of albuterol so he's been bouncing off the walls today. Totally pleasant and sweet...just wired. The good news is that he's asleep right now, back down to a half liter (he'd been up to one) with great sats. Please pray that it keeps up and he's able to come home tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Love to all,

Brittany

2 comments:

Diana said...

Still praying! Hoping he comes home tomorrow. I decided to check one last time before I headed to bed for an update. Glad I checked!

kellie said...

Yay! So glad things are looking good!