Saturday, September 11, 2010

One Year Ago...

We've had Gaines home for one year today.  Sometimes it feels like its flown by and sometimes it feels like its been 5 years.  Just wanted to let y'all know.  He's come so far in the last year.  I tell you...nobody makes me madder than Gaines Daniel (used to be my sister but she got dethroned when Gaines and his attitude showed up) but nobody loves that child more than me either...I'm sure Beau would argue with me on that but you know what I mean. 

Hernia surgery is next week.  Please keep Gaines in your prayers...and his mama.  I was fine until anesthesia called last week and told me they'd probably have to put him on the ventilator.  I am not excited about that at all.  I cried...at work...it was lovely.  I'm ok now but I know I'll be a nervous wreck the next few days.  I just cannot wait to put this behind us. 

That's all for now.  I've got a football game to watch.  Roll Tide!

Oh...speaking of.  I proved myself as a good mother and wife yesterday.  I went to a consignment sale and saw a little Auburn jersey (I'm a big Alabama fan while Beau is Auburn).  I looked everywhere for an Alabama one and could not find one but I knew that Reed would think a football jersey was awesome so I sucked it up and bought it for him (I almost put it back two or three times).  He loves it...but much to Beau's dismay, he kept calling it is Alabama football shirt.  Anyway, it occured to me today that this experience is kind of like the first time you let your child throw up in your hand.  You do a lot of gross things for your kids. 

And he'll have an Alabama one soon.  Reed and I were actually on the lookout for one today. 

Love to all,

Brittany

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy one year home, Gaines!!! Keeping him in my prayers as his surgery approaches.

Kate said...

I usually "lurk" around your blog--I've been reading since you were in the hospital. Anyway, my 10 mo old just had a bilateral orchiopexy for undescended testes. He also had to be put on the vent but he did GREAT. The surgery was quick and recovery was pretty easy. Good luck--you are in my prayers.