Monday, September 20, 2010

Frazzled But Happy

Little Gaines seems to be healing with no problems. It certainly has not slowed him down one bit. I don’t think he had any pain medicine after Wednesday and before that he was really only getting Motrin. When we got home Tuesday, I fixed a little pallet on the floor with lots of pillows and toys all around so that he could play in one spot but Gaines was not having anything to do with that. He took off and has been crawling, climbing and cruising since then. I prayed for an easy and quick recovery but I would have never hoped for this. Oh…and he’s doing awesome with this oxygen right now. His next pulmonology appointment is in early November but if he keeps doing so well, I think I might call and see if we can wean something.

He was feeling so good that late in the week we decided to head to Andalusia to visit my family. Can I please just tell you how much I enjoy going down there? I just love being home and with all of my family. I didn’t get to see all of them this time (there are a lot) but I did see about half. There is just something about being with people that know your life’s story and still love you. Plus they all think my kids are as great as I do (or at least they are good at pretending they do!) so that doesn’t hurt.

I’m kind of taking it easy this week at home. Just trying to relax and get caught up on some things. I feel kind of frazzled at home these days. Not with my family…just lots of projects going on. I used to be so on top of things…Oh well…I’d rather have my children. Reed has a birthday coming up in a few weeks and Thanksgiving isn’t to far behind that and most of you will think I’m crazy but I’ve kind of started working on Christmas shopping. I haven’t bought much yet but I’ve got a budget going and lots of ideas that I’m putting on paper. I have to have everything on paper because my brain won’t hold it all anymore. Then later, I can just stare at my paper for a good 30 minutes and soak it all in, process it and work from it. Crazy…but it keeps me sane.

I think that’s about it for now. I’ll try and post more about the boys later. My brain just isn’t focused right now…things to do. Tonight’s projects are to dust the dining room, put all my fall decorations (hence the dining room dusting) and ironing clothes. Because you needed to know all of that.

Love to all,

Brittany

No comments: